Friday, February 5, 2010

1/5/2010 Camping in a Parking Garage

*Drags in and flops on couch*
Ugh Mr. Blog,
I am so beat.
I have not worked four twelve hour days in a row since I was carrying mail for the post office during the presidential election of 1984. Reagan Mondale and I was a T-6 which means I had five mail routes that I cased and carried on a rotating schedule to cover the regular mail carrier's day off. There was so much mail I stayed in and cased political mail for a few sixteen hour days. 'Course I was only twenty-five back then.
Anyway, I worked twelve hours a day for four days rolling gameboards and packaging games.
My high school pal Margo Thorning Serano came and helped me yesterday.
Geez she is delightful! When they were passing out charm she got in line twice!
She fell off a loading dock five years ago and trashed her back and hips.
She had to get her back fused and is getting a double knee replacement at the end of this month. Despite being in horrible pain and in a wheelchair, she offered to help me.
I picked her up and she used her walker to get to and from the car and I'll tell you what
that girl is a workhorse! I can't really tell you how many hundreds of games she packaged for me but I think I am about half done.
So I had some other great news yesterday!
I got my City of Kenmore business permit in the mail!
I am going to camp at the Qwest Field parking garage in my mini-van for the RV show!
Isn't that exciting?!
It is a bad part of town but don't worry.
I'm taking my aluminum baseball bat that I keep under my bed for when Terry is out of town.
He looks like a blond Charles Manson so I never worry when he is home.
I'm also taking my good butcher knife that would make a clean wound in case someone tries
to murder me. That way they won't get an infection when I stab them.
I am so excited. I'm taking the middle bench out of my Ford Windstar mini-van
and loads of camping gear.
I'm going early to get a spot in the parking garage.
Terry says it would be ten degrees warmer in there than in the outside parking lot.
Yikes! I have another twelve hour day of packaging so I'd better dash!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment