Monday, February 22, 2010

2/22/10 Monday Monday...Thank God for Mr. Blog

*Walks in with a spring to her step*
Hi Mr. Blog,
I am so glad you are here today. I woke up hearing The Mommas and the Papas song,
'Monday, Monday', over and over again in my head.
I pushed hard to get the house and chores sorted from being gone to the RV show.
Yesterday was busy with church and then Troy's basketball game.
The Sonics won by ten points and Troy played brilliantly scoring ten points of the 52.
When we got back I sent group e-mails to all the DECA advisers in the state
asking them to share my website with their students. Carlos, Troy's best friend, said that starting today they learn to write business plans. He won't write me one, the little butthead. After I've made him and Troy a million gallons of Kool Aid too! So I asked some other DECA friends of Troys. Brendan Meese and Junior Vi. They are both great people I admire.
When I was flying back from Honolulu, the gal across from me had several friends with businesses and she said half of all businesses fail simply because they don't have a business plan. I wrote one I made after reading, 'Small Business for Dummies' but it wasn't very good.
I e-mailed Megan Sun to volunteer at the March DECA conference March 4th and she sent me a form to be a judge. I am going to do that for her. I like her and the DECA program.
At church several women I like asked me if I was going to the women's retreat in Indianola.
Well, I've been wanting to do that for years.
My mom used to go to CWF through the University Christian Church that my grandma had started going to after she moved here from Montana when she was a young woman.
But it starts the same day as the DECA conference and runs through both boys basketball games. What do you think I should do? I live for watching my kids play basketball
but most of the time my belief in God is what keeps me going in my business.
I feel like at this, the last quarter of my life, that I found my calling.
To produce games that help people learn and succeed at mastering tough subjects.
Games that make them smarter and feel better about themselves.
Ugh. Everything always seems to happen at once for me.
But, I do my best work under pressure so I am determined to finish sorting these tax receipts today. Terry's day off is Wednesday and I want everything ready to feed into the Turbo Tax program on the computer. It is a much better program than H&R Block's program or the Federal Government website. The H&R has so much color and graphics eating up the memory space that it runs too slow and the Federal Government's is too austere to be user friendly.
The Turbo Tax program falls right in the middle of those too. User friendly, yet fast.
It is still breathtakingly sunny this morning Mr. Blog.
If it hadn't been sunny this week I would not have gotten through my lack of success from the RV show very well.
My half-sister Heimy loaned me a book last fall that I read while licking my wounds called,
'The Historian.' It was a historical fiction about Dracula and now I'm in a frenzy to go to Romania and Bulgaria and all over that region.
Supposedly our great great great grandmother on my dad's side of the family was from Armenia. That would explain my love of folk dancing which I have only done a few times as a kid at summer camp. But my business is not taking off and right now I'm losing my shirt on it and travel is very expensive.
Wouldn't a history game about Romania be fun? The players could travel in time and be hunted by Vllad the Impaler. Yikes he was a scary guy. *Shakes head to remove him*
Bad idea. Too much violence in history and I'm trying to promote peace and good cheer in my games not more awful thoughts.
So I was dreaming about my cousins Care, Boo and Dan right before I woke up and I didn't send Care a birthday card and I want to think a little about that. I'd like to mail her some pussywillows and I'm short on time but long on loving her.
It takes tons of time to be thoughtful and helpful
but life is so complex and difficult that I have made it my mission to
lighten peoples burdens in any way I can.
Usually just listening is the biggest help and I have trained myself the last two decades to
perfect that skill. I look at the clock and tell myself not to speak for five or ten minutes unless asked a direct question. At those check points I ask the person I am listening to if they want any feedback or advice. I don't believe in giving unsolicited advice in any form.
Or opinions either. It is not a person's place to give an opinion as an active listener.
That's why I love you Mr. Blog. I can tell you anything on my mind!
If I was to tell a real person the stuff I tell you
they would die of boredom!
Have a great day. I'm going to start my daily routine of coffee, reading the newspaper and jumping around with my Jane Fonda tape.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment