Monday, February 8, 2010

1/7/2010 Best Day Ever

*Dashes in and perches on wingback chair*
Oh my goodness Mr. Blog! I barely have time to breathe!
I worked twelve hours a day Monday through Saturday.
My PTA pal, Gail Schultz, came on Friday and packaged 600 mini-racer cars in snack sacks
for me. At top speed we got them ready for the game bags.
Yesterday I needed to go to church even though I didn't have the time.
Terry was on the phone with a friend in the morning saying he was bored and going to play some basketball. When he hung up I said, "If you are bored you could always go to church with me."
He gave me a look like, "What's your point?"
So I dashed off and was thrilled to see my pew-homies, Carol, Char and Caroline.
Great sermon about Peter in the fishing boat was just for me!
And then...We closed with my favorite hymn, 'Lord, You Have Come to the Lakeshore.'
When I got home I called Nicholette and she said I can bring my canopy frame
and decorate it with yellow, pink and black streamers for Nixpix and Cookie Lee!
I have balloons too.
Then I heard a rowdy noise and it was Cub Scouts on the bike trail hiking!
My pal Meagan Colella is leading them and we used to have such a blast at camp together!
Her youngest son is already in third grade and he gave me the world's cutuest
invitation to the Pack 622 50th birthday Blue and Gold Banquet
celebrating the centennial of Boy Scouts! I got choked up when I saw his dear little
handwriting and remembered ten years of fun with the little cubs at camp and around the hood.
I hiked with them a ways and when I needed to come back and start work I saw some pussywillows in bloom! I'm taking some to the RV show for decoration.
I worked until ten last night and got all the games packaged so now I have
near 500 bag toppers to staple on by bedtime.
I need to get loaded all day tomorrow so I'll catch ya on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment