Monday, January 11, 2010

1/11/10 Missing the BSA 100th Birthday Party

*Walks in slowly and flops on couch*
Well Mr. Blog,
I have made a decision. Teddy and I aren't going back east to Fort AP Virginia this summer
for the Boy Scout of America 100th year birthday jamboree.
I wanted to go so bad
after being a den mother for cub scouts ten years
I really felt I needed to be there.
To pay tribute to Lord Bayden Powell and the previous scout leaders
that created the best youth group organization in history.
The time I spent with the cubs and their parents was
one of the most happy, fulfilling times of my life.
Especially going to camp.
I went to camp with the boys for eight summers
as a leader or volunteer or both.
So I investigated the arrangements
and found the jamboree visitor dates and closest hotel
and joined American Airlines flyer program and got enough points for a free ticket for Teddy.
BUT, I would have to charge my $500.00 ticket
and rent a car and pay for the hotel which would be $1,000.00 I don't have,
I thought I'd be selling enough games or subbing enough to
pay for the trip but I haven't.
Maybe there will be a miracle and I'll get the latest long term sub job I applied for.
I do believe in miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment