Friday, January 15, 2010

1/15/10 Earl and Winston in the God-hand Cradle

*Walks in with stoic expression and lies down*
Hi Mr. Blog. Thanks goodness you are here today. Yesterday was brutal
but I feel better today.
I have started having hotflashes at night again after several months without them.
I had four hotflashes the night before last so when I finally got up yesterday
I felt like an old dishrag.
I picked up Earl and Winston's sister Patches at Mabel's house and dropped her off to
get spayed at Mabel's vet. She is the age Peppy, her orange mommy was, when she got pregnant.
Mabel wants to keep her and I want to get Peppy fixed for her too but I can't catch her!
The minute she sees me she runs. Bleh.
I met Bonnie Forsyth Rygh's at Canyon Park and bought her lunch at Canyon's out there.
Gail Crawford Muzzy was our hostess and I was so thrilled to see her. Talk about about
delightful on feet. She is like a red rose walking around, all charming and lovely.
So Bonny and I went to high school together and knew each other but weren't close friends.
When Lisa Martinez found everyone on Facebook last spring, Bonnie came to the Christmas
party down at the Ram in University Village and we sat by each other and
hit it off. She is really positive and wise and the kind of friend I need right now.
So the last thing I needed to do in my kitten quest was to go to the pound.
I posted it on the wall down the hall Monday and Bonnie offered to go with me!
We had a nice blab-a-thon and got down to Crossroads in Bellevue to the
King County Animal Shelter and went in right when they opened at two.
There were only three gray and white tabby cats and one Guinea pig there.
After we looked at their cats we went to the reception room and Bonnie went
through the 'Found Cat' book and I filled out a 'Lost Cat' form.
The shelter man was nice but scolded me for giving a man my phone number in case
Peppy has more kittens before we can get her fixed.
And I lost it. I started crying like a little baby
because I loved, loved, loved Earl and Winston so much.
We hadn't had a kitten in the house since Troy picked out Smokey twelve years ago.
They were so cute and funny and full of the devil.
They shredded everything, knocked everything over and were
like miniature Troy and Teddys.
So I accepted they are gone and decided to move on and when I said my prayers last night
I visualized them curled up in God's giant hands together.
An orange and white striped circle of fluff sleeping together peacefully.
God was gently rocking them while they slept
and they were fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment