Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1/12/10 Home Based Business Permit

*Walks in and lies down*
Hi Mr. Blog,
I'm accepting that our kittens have found new homes finally. I'm starting to recover a little.
I woke up thinking I could get all the information for my permit from
the King County assessors office and I was right.
Luckily the pool deck permit fiasco taught me all about permit applications.
The assessor's website had all the information for the form
except the section on whether we were on
a geological location for flood, mudslides, seismic activity and a few more odd things.
I called the City of Kenmore and left a message with our lot number
and she called later and said we didn't have any problems showing in their records.
Then I called her and asked if Terry needed to sign everything too
and have his signature notarized too and she said no.
That was a huge relief 'cause he hates that kind of thing.
I was going to turn everything in tomorrow but
I realized it will be an annual $50.00 fee
and I didn't want it any closer to Christmas
than it had to be so I'm waiting until the 25th to take my forms in.
The last day is the 30th and that will give me five days to tweak it
if I am missing anything.
I looked up the new Cascadia Community College online
to find a bookkeeping class to help me with the business.
I have made the decision to have my business be a success
and I need to get all my ducks in a row paperwork wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment