Friday, January 22, 2010

1/22/2010 City of Kenmore Occupation Permit

*Walks in almost cheerfully*
Hi Mr. Blog,
Guess what? I turned in my five pages of information to City Hall today.
Trudy Kronenberg notarized for me at my Bank of America yesterday so it is all legal.
She is my hero. Did I ever tell you about when my dad died and we needed to have mom
sign a notarized form and Trudy drove with me to mummy's nursing home and helped her
sign the form? I still tear up a little bit thinking about it.
Sometimes the world seems so mean
and then out of the blue someone does something really nice
and you are happy you are alive
and you concentrate on making other people happy.
It happened to me today.
I had awful insomnia last night after going to the Swamp Creek Park meeting.
When I saw the big drawing of the trail going right next to and behind my house
I nearly passed out. Geez, the traffic noise is bad enough but to have a zillion people
blabbing right next to my house with their barking dogs...Ugh.
So I felt like a sack of oatmeal this morning,
but I got up and exercised anyway and
went to Costco and City Hall and then Safeway for a few last things.
I had the best chat with Tora
and after I paid Theresa for my stuff I stopped and was peering at the
Wall Street Journal and missing it and a lady near me said,
Do you see something interesting?"
I told her I missed reading it because when I was a flight attendant
we always had them for the passengers in the morning and she said,
"Here. I want to buy it for you." I told her I didn't really need it but
she shoved it in my hands anyway.
It was like the best thing that ever happened to me in my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment