Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3/24/10 Self Discipline When You Don't Have Much To Start Wtih

*Walks in and lies down*
Hi Mr. Blog, how are you today? *looks over at him*
Well, I picked up a job off Subfinder for tomorrow over at
Lake Forest Park elementary.
Now I have to get everything done on my list so
I have to make myself BUCK UP!
I REALLY wanted to sub the last two days but nothing came up.
Subfinder is the computer website that I use
to see jobs in Shoreline School District.
The Northshore School District uses a program called Roadrunner.
Anyway, it is for the new first grade teacher
and it will be so fun. Fat pencils, toothless smiles, lined newsprint
with the top half blank so they can draw a picture after writing.
I HOPE they have writing tomorrow.
Their spelling makes me laugh and laugh.
I have so much fun teaching that I feel guilty
getting paid. I love to teach.
The only snag is when I sub,
I want a full time job
and then the next day I feel hateful that I don't.
Ugh!
So tomorrow I will be, "Da da daaaa!"
Supersub. Shine my shoes, show up early,
memorize the schedule, make name tags,
put the curriculum in order with post its.
I found out one of my friends there that I have subbed
for for seven years is moving at the end of the school year
and I really, really, really want her job.
Of course so do 200 other people.
That is how many applicants for each teaching job
there are in Washington state now.
The colleges keep cranking out hundreds of
cute little Barbie doll teachers every year.
If there was just ONE principal that wanted to hire
the most dependable, trustworthy, capable
person in the world, AKA, me,
I'd have a job.
Maybe Aimee is that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment