Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Patricia Thornhill Harrington/I Like Squirrels

*Walks in bouncily*
Hi Mr. Blog, I had the best day yesterday!
First off, Big Mama Squirrel decided to move her nest right outside my kitchen window!
She was pruning the English Ivy from the tree and arranging it "just so" all morning.
It's like watching a National Geographic special right out my window.
So I worked to sort my PA stuff and was half done with that when Patty came for coffee.
She came downstairs and looked at my clean piece of heaven for a minute.
It was hot and sunny, like sixty degrees, so we walked across the street to Starbucks.
On the way there, you will not believe what I saw!
Macie Cross drove up with Troy!
They've been pals since kindergarten but it is still a shock to see her driving a fancy-pants SUV!
Well, I had to flag them down and ask her to be careful.
As much as Troy and I go loggerheads, I still love him more than watermelon.
Well, lucky for me, Patty is job hunting now too.
We sat on the Starbucks patio and soaked up some sun and I was happier than
a lazy dog on a couch. She showed me her new resume and business cards she had made.
We then moved along to my deck and blabbed for an hour.
She went to Bellevue Community College and got an office manager degree so she is looking
for office work. She is so charming and lovely and likes to be inside so I'm praying for her
to get a job like that. She had missed the big job fair at Safeco Field because she wasn't ready with her resume and stuff to pass out to potential employers and she asked me if I would go
to the next one with her. Well, I have always wanted to go to one of those so I said yes.
I have known Patty since we were at Bryant Elementary in 1966.
She was up the street at the Catholic school, Assumption, before that and went back there for awhile too. But the funny thing is, she hasn't changed one bit.
She still has the million dollar smile
and a warm and friendly disposition
and she makes you feel happy just sitting there with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment