Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Want a Friend in Botswana! Happy Husband

*Skips in merrily*
Hi Mr. Blog!
I had the best day with Terry yesterday. He just needed a day off
and to have me throw mountains of eggs and toast at him.
I smothered him with hugs and kisses
as I am prone to do when he doesn't point
out my joblessness.
He gave me cash to buy treats for his sister Heidi
and I made her the cutest Easter basket in history.
We picked her up some Burger King food on the way
to her nursing home and she was so delighted.
I put the shopping bag off to the side so she could
have a surprise after her lunch.
We she saw it she turned to me and said,
"I have been craving Easter candy all week and now look at this!
You always make me a basket and have had Terry deliver
it every Easter and I couldn't call you and say,
"Gretchen, could you make me an Easter basket?"
Well, that cheered me up considerably Mr. blog!
When you feel like an old, useless bag of dog poop,
the only cure is to help someone have a better day.
So I've been reading this series of books every night by
Alexander McCall-Smith and I am totally obsessed with Botswana.
I want to go there very badly Mr. Blog!!!
I would sleep on the floor if I knew someone there that would let me visit.
I thought and thought, "How could I ever meet someone in Botswana?"
Then I put up a notice on the bulletin board down the hall
and a nice lady around my age said, "Honey, there is a door
to Botswana right down the hall. Go open it."
So I did and guess what?! There they were!
Hundreds of people from Botswana!
I am so shy with strangers
but I went up to five of them and asked them to be
my friend. They said they might call me after work
which for them is in about an hour.
If it is 9:30 AM here, it is 6:30 PM in Botswana.
I think they are in the same time zone as my friend Andrei
in Romania.
I have a million things to do but I hate to go because maybe one
person from Botswana will contact me!
I am so excited I can barely think straight!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment