Wednesday, May 12, 2010

5/12/10 Friends, Lovers, Chocolate by Alexander McCall Smith

*Dances in to Iscaac Hayes blaring, "Heard it Through the Grapevine."
Good Morning Mr. Blog, how are you? Don't you LOVE this sun?!
*Stares at him and listens about his wife making him egg salad for lunch."
Well, that is just awesome Mr. Blog.
My kids and their pals LOVE egg salad.
I have to write that down.
*Writes, "Make sandwich mountain for kids with egg salad."
So I'm half done with, "Friends, Lovers, Chocolates."
I am so in love with Isabel Dalhousie, Cat and Jamie.
AND I have a huge crush on Tomasso.
It took me three chapters to get into "The Sunday Philosophy Club."
I just felt so cheap and dirty even opening it up.
Like Madame Ramotswe was going to jump out of my bedroom
closet and beat me with a broom with
Madame Matkutsi hot on her trail
ready to throw scalding tea water on me!
Yikes. Or as Charlie would say, "Ow!"
So, I had to fling my loyalty to Precious to the wind
and shift gears. Now I am so excited at the end of every
day to explore Scotland and the mysteries of
cellular memory with Isabel.
I had read about it and I follow the news on research
studies of telepathy and extrasensory perception.
When Kreskin came on TV in 1967, he created a huge stir.
So I want to tell you about my telepathic connection
with my best friend, Brenda June Vanderhoff.
One time, in 1987, we were playing a fairly new game
on the market called Pictionary.
I LOVE GAMES.
Anyway, we were in my tiny studio apartment in downtown
Bothell that got torn down to build the new Bothell library.
Terry's pal from Ellensburg high, Mike Bellande, had dropped in
and Brenda had too so I forced everyone to play Pictionary.
Brenda and I were on the same team and I got the word, "Chicago."
I quickly drew a rectangle. Nothing else.
Brenda instantly shouted out, "Chicago!"
Terry and Mike's jaws dropped to their knees
and they said what happened was impossible.
Then they accused us of cheating.
Well, I had not moved my lips and I had on my poker face.
*Shows Mr. Blog her completely neutral poker face*
So what do you make of that Mr. Blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment