Friday, May 21, 2010

5/21/2010 Infection of Electronic Games

*Walks in and sits on chair*
Good morning Mr. Blog.
I finally feel better for the first time in a week.
I was starting to think that I'd feel poorly permanently.
Well, last night Terry came upstairs right before the movie started
and said that the kids should have their X-Box back when school lets out.
Over my dead body.
No way am I letting my sons turning into
zombie shooting zombies again!
For the first time in months they got out Connect Four
and played and talked to each other.
Troy even hopped on a bus and visited new friends in Woodinville
yesterday and had the time of his life playing street football.
He hadn't unplugged from the games
for weeks.
I'm sorry Mr. Blog, but NO ONE is going to change my mind
on the evil of those violent video games.
You watch.
There will be more and more teen violence
to come.
Columbine was the tip of the iceberg for violence and hate
and I just refuse to be a part of it.
Terry will just have to accept that I won't have that evil in our home.
He doesn't have to like it,
he just has to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment