Saturday, May 22, 2010

5/22/2010 Help! I Can't Breathe!

*Crawls in on hands and knees gasping for air and collapses on wood floor!
Help Mr. Blog! I can't breathe!
I need AIR!
*Mr. Blog opens file drawer on his large wooden desk
and lifts out a portable oxygen bottle and walks to her,
kneels down, puts the mask gently over her mouth and nose
and turns the dial to open the compressed oxygen*
Mumblewhispers through apparatus* Ahhh, thanks Mr. Blog.
*Lays on her back breathing in the mask for five minutes
then nudges the mask above her mouth so she can talk a little.*
Terry and Troy left two hours ago for Troy to take his driving
part of the driver's license test and I haven't breathed for two hours!
I have chest pains even though I know he's a good driver.
I mean, I taught him myself, designed and produced a driving
game just for him and he went to a driver's education class with Carlos.
I can't take the pressure!
I was standing in my kitchen window
waiting for my forest green mini-van to pull
up and trying to do dishes
and concentrate.
But I can't concentrate until they come back.
The suspense is killing me.
Hey, I've heard that saying a million times
and now I know EXACTLY what it feels like.
My photinia tree is growing out of control along
the edge of the driveway and from my kitchen
window, I can peer at where they will be parking the van
without them seeing me.
I'll know the minute they get out if he passed or not.
Neither of those two can play poker.
Their faces are always an open book of their emotions.
Well Mr. Blog.
I'm going to go stare out my window.
If he passed I'll see grins
and if he didn't I won't.
I'll tell you what I see when the door opens.
.....

No comments:

Post a Comment