Sunday, May 9, 2010

5/9/10 Mother's Day 2010

*Dashes in and perches on edge of chair*
Hi Mr. Blog!
I just finished bar-b-qued rib-eye steak that Terry made. I fixed the corn on the cob, watermelon and beans and for dessert: banana cream pie! Um, yum.
Terry got me some yellow tulips and Troy and Teddy got me the paper towels I requested. Troy decorated an old golf ball with a Mother's Day greeting and smiley face drawn on, a Nemo toy from the cereal box AND used raspberry lemonade chapstick. I have such great kids!
Many women bemoan the pain of childbirth but not me Mr. Blog!
My kids both had fat heads (like their dad) and I never dilated so I got C-sections and pain drugs BOTH times. Floaty, floaty...
I loved church this morning-loads of music with the butterfly four year old singers.
Seems like yesterday when Troy was in the Rainbow choir for three year olds!
There was a gospel group with a hot guitar and drum set, the bell choirs and group of singers with a violin cranking away in the background. I can't read music but I love to sing and listen to it. I'm so glad Pam found us a music based church. I love Bothell United Methodist Church.
Stephen Tarr did a knockdown sermon called, "The Founding Mothers." It was based on the story of Lydia. How she was a businesswoman of purple cloth and a civic leader. How she became a church leader. He went on about many historical women of substance including the birth of Bothell United Methodist Church and the women that donated the land and then he said, "Oh yes. And there was Alice Bothell. The woman that thought a church in town was a good idea." He has such a cunning delivery and charming way with words. AND there is still a trace of his Scottish accent which I love since I love all things global. Especially people on the globe. Well, I was completely inspired by his sermon and that's the point of going.
I helped my pals Brooks and JoAnn drive a van load of boxes to their new house after church.
When I got home just now and the kids gave me gifts I was so touched.
They are God's gift to me Mr. Blog. As a matter of fact, that is what Teddy's name means:
Theodore, gift from God. Theo=God+dore=gift. But both of them amaze me daily.
I thought you'd like to hear Teddy's poem Mr. Blog. He is such a sweety.
Mom
Thank you for doing
All the stuff you do.
From giving allowance,
To buying new shoes.
From giving reminders,
To sparing me a binder.
But I have to say,
I'm growing up fast
And soon I'll move out in a flash.
But for now I'm enjoying every day.
Because you're the best mother
In every way.
-Teddy
Time to chase the sun in my lounge chair. I love, love love sunshine!
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment