Friday, May 28, 2010

5/28/2010 I LOVE My New Tumblers!

*Walks in cheerfully and lies down*
Ahhhh Mr. Blog,
Nothing like feeling better after a cold.
I had the best time with Molly today!
I told you how I reconnected with her last summer.
Remember? Molly McLean? She was Val's best friend?
So she is up from Oregon and staying with her brother Marty
that lives over the hill from me in Kirkland
and I asked her yesterday if she might keep me
company shopping today.
Marty and his kids had to work today so she
came with me to Lake City Fred Meyers.
She is so funny and nice.
What we used to call, "Up front"
in the seventies.
The tumblers I saw with Patty last month were 30% off!!!
I had bought nine for Terry's party last weekend
and I told the man that it figured they'd go on sale right
after I bought them and he said to bring in the receipt
for a rebate. But you know what Mr. Blog?
I just don't care about that few dollars because
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new tumblers!
Look. *pulls tumbler from tote bag and holds it up*
Isn't it the most beautiful thing you've ever seen in your life???
Think fast! *tosses it to him and it lands on the floor*
Sorry, that was mean.
I know you egg-head types aren't very coordinated.
I'm not either but look at that!
*Mr. Blog picks it up with a puzzled expression
and wonders how anyone can be so excited over a tumbler*
They are Kapoho blue!
God I love my new tumblers.
They really look like glass don't they?
The last time I bought new tumblers was in 1982
at JoAnn's Tupperware party.
I loved those tumblers but I only had one left
so it was time to move on.
I had been looking for the last five years
for new tumblers and
I just couldn't find what I wanted.
I like glass better and I always
say I can't have glass because of the kids
but I'm really the one that breaks everything
around here
because I hate housework
and I'm always
in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment