Thursday, May 20, 2010

5/20/2010 My Basement Cleaning Fiasco

*Walks in and plops on couch*
Geez Mr. Blog, you must be sick of me by now.
Things did not go as planned cleaning out my parent's stuff.
I had to move and sort some other things to get to the back of the basement
and it took me five hours just to get to the stuff.
Right when I was ready to dig in, I pulled a box off the top
of a shelf I was removing and an entire Sucrets box
fell and popped open.
You'll never guess what was inside Mr. Blog.
Straight pins!
And they went everywhere under the sun!
Covered a good six square feet.
By the time I picked up all the pins,
pricking myself frequently
'cause I was too lazy to put on my glasses;
it was one thirty and my friend Gretchen was
supposed to show up at one to help me.
I called her and she called me back and said she forgot.
Ugh.
I had four boxes of stuff for Saint Vinny's and loads of
stuff for the recycle and a little garbage and I decided to stop
and just clean the rest of the basement up to my folk's stuff.
I worked at top speed and do you know what my husband said
when he got home?!
"I'm sick of being broke...blah...blah...blah..."
Good grief Mr. Blog!
It was his stupid man cave I cleaned at top speed for eight hours!
Oh I was hopping mad at him.
No kiss, no hug, no "How was your day?" or "Thanks for cleaning."
Felt like baking those darn pins in a cake for him I was so mad.
But, I got over it and had fun watching a scary movie with the kids.
I am going to go hit my prayer bones now.
For a job interview for next year
and a job for my dear cousin Jorge.
He's been out of work two years now.
So sad. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment