Sunday, May 23, 2010

5/22/2010 Punking The Momma

*Walks in and sits down*
Troy is so crafty.
He knew I'd be spying on him out the window
so he put on the frowny frowny face
and dragged in the house
and went in his room and closed the door.
So I went downstairs to ask Terry
and he said Troy only missed by one.
I went back upstairs and Troy was on the deck
leaning against the railing
looking down at the yard.
I came up behind him and rubbed his back and told him
it was okay and next time he'd do better.
He turned around holding his first driver's license
with a big smile
and I shrieked and jumped up and down
and told him he really punked me.
He said he knew I'd be spying on him and needed
to fake me out.
He said he got 95 out of 100 and aced
parallel parking in my giant mini-van.
Then I sat on the couch and he did a little
reenactment of the test which included
parallel parking and backing around a corner.
It was very cute and I hadn't been that happy
since Teddy got born.
Just a feeling of total elation
that my child
did a big achievement
on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment